Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

RE: suggested reading material

Amazing! Thanks, Tom. I need to blog this in book reviews. vic
Just finished David McCullough's Path Between the Seas-the building of the Panama Canal; Damn, but McCullough is a good author as well as historian. Really an interesting read. I have always wanted to steam through the canal-maybe after retirement.!
This book reminded me that I knew next to nothing about TR, so I read Aida Donald's Lion In The White House. It was really a high level overview of TR's life-really more of a "TR light." I plan to purchase and read McCullough's Mornings On Horseback which should do TR more justice.
In the meantime, however, I am reading The Supreme Court-The Personalities and Rivalries That Defined America by Jeffrey Rosen-to be followed by America's Constitution by Akhil Reed Amar-it is a bit intimidating in size, but maybe at last I will actually understand the Electoral College.?

No comments: